POWER COMMUNION SERVICE – WEDNESDAY, 15TH JULY 2020
ANCHOR SCRIPTURE(S): LUKE 3:21-22
MESSAGE TOPIC: OPEN HEAVENS THROUGH PRAYER
Dr. Paul Enenche
1. Understanding the power of prayer to open the Heavens
2. Understanding the implication of an open Heaven
The impact of prayer is practically unquantifiable in the life of the child of God (Gen. 19:27; 28:12; 32:24-28; Ex. 32:32 1 Kings 17:1; Eph. 6:18; 1Thess. 5:17; 1Cor. 14:18; Dan. 6:10)
There is a limit to what a child of God can become or achieve in the Hands of God without a solid life of prayer
WHAT IS THE IMPACT OF PRAYER?
1. Prayer is doorway to open Heavens (Luke 3:21; Matt. 3:16)
1a. The Heavens will always open over the head of the one who prays
1b. It is possible for the Heavens to be open over one person and not over another person in the same vicinity
1c. Spiritual activity is only impactful to the extent of the prayer investment into it
IMPLICATIONS OF OPEN HEAVENS:
i. Open Heavens usher in the rain from Heaven and the flood in the earth (Gen. 7:11-12)
When you walk under open heavens you function inside the rain; you are mobile irrigation, revival in motion
ii. Open Heavens usher in angelic and celestial traffic (Gen. 28:12; John 1:51)
Anywhere a person with open heavens steps, angelic activity is very high
iii. Open Heavens usher in supernatural supplies (Ps. 78:23-24; Deut. 28:12; Mal. 3:10-11)
A person of prayer is a person of supernatural supplies
iv. Open Heavens usher in visions, directions and revelations (Ezek. 1:1; Luke 3:21-22; Acts 10:11; Rev. 4:1; Acts 7:56)
A person of open Heavens is a person of open eyes and open ears
Revelations of the Spirit and of the Word flow with open Heavens
As you pray and fast, God will speak to you; if it is not through visions or revelations, go into the Word of God and He will speak to you through His Word
v. Open Heavens usher in the Ministry of the Holy Spirit (Luke 3:21-22; John 15:26)
Men and women of prayer are men and women of the Spirit
The Holy Spirit is the Comforter
Comforter in Greek is the Word ‘Parakletos’
i. Intercessor (Rom. 8:26)
iii. Strengthener (Judg. 14:6; Deut. 34:7)
1. Accept personal responsibility for your prayer life
Prayer must become a matter of personal adventure
Never allow your prayer life to revolve around the actions or inactions of others
The prayer anyone is praying for you only came to amplify and multiply the effect of your own prayer life
2. Determine to maintain an unashamed and unapologetic prayer life (Dan. 6:10; 1Sam. 2:30b; Mark 8:38)
Don’t apologise for being spiritual
When you come to the point where the opinion of people don’t matter anymore then you are at the point where the opinion of God will begin to matter in your life
3. Determine to make a very solid prayer investment into every worthwhile venture of life
Anything that is worth it, robe it with prayer
Anything that is worth it, birth it in prayer
Father, thank You for Your Word to me today. To You be all the glory Lord, in Jesus’ Name.
Father, I receive a fresh baptism of the mantle of prayer and of the grace to pray, in Jesus’ Name.
Father, I make demands on open Heavens for my life, my family, over the church, Dunamis, and over our nation. Father, open heavens that will usher in revival, usher in the ministry of angels, bring supernatural supplies, visions, directions and revelations, and usher in the Ministry of the Holy Spirit, we receive it NOW!.
Lord Jesus, through this communion I receive life. Father, tonight
I receive through the Body and Blood of Jesus the grace to pray. I receive the grace of prayer and the spirit of intercession, I receive it NOW!
– Every spirit of spiritual deafness and dumbness is arrested!
– The things you need to see and hear, you shall see and hear them!
– The last time you operated carelessly shall be the last; the grace to be calculated and strategic is released upon you now!
– Answers to every question in your heart are released
– Revelative encounters and dreams overnight
– Whatever is not planted in your body by God is flushed out now!